Combermere Abbey is on the Shropshire/Cheshire border and has recently undergone a complete renovation. Combermere Abbey was built as a Cistercian monastery in 1133. After being dissolved under Henry VIII’s reign it was remodelled as a Tudor mansion and then in the late 1820’s a Gothic facade was added to the Abbey.
Fibreglass First worked closely with English Heritage on the renovation of the North Wing. Fibreglass First was then tasked with manufacturing and fitting over 240 components which comprised of; crockets, crenellations and cladding panels to both replace the old rotten timber on parts of the Abbey and also to complete the new Wing. The crockets in particular required some intricate moulding techniques.